My 3years old baby suffering from infantile spasms from the age of 6 months ?

My baby is 3 years old(female) weight 10kgs. She earlier suffered with seizures(infantile spasms) from the age of 6 months. Doctor prescribed variant drugs in course of time i.e. ACTH ,Vigabatrin, Topiramate , Valproate. In the span of 1 ½ year baby at the age of 2 years became completely seizures free. Doctor said to continue medication with sodium valproate and topiramate. We started sodium valproate since baby was 4 months old. When we started topiramate baby has some side effect with digestion and had constipation problem more than 1 year. And also baby was under weight, did not take food well. Dr stopped topiramate. And only valproate is continued till today 4ml bid. Now the main problem with my baby is she has been getting HYPOGLYCEMIA(RBS 25mg) tri-monthly. Hypoglycemia is taking place early in mornings just as waking up. up to now 5 times hypoglycemia(RBS 25mg) took place. Dr told that might be because of metabolic problem. We had her tested for TMS( TANDEM MASS SPECTROMETRY ). BABY’S TMS result is completely normal. What should we do now. Is valproate causing the glucose fall in baby.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Dec 2010