My 3 years old daughter has white patch on skin but its not itchy

Hi , My name is Nisha .My daughter who is currently 3 year old developed a white patch on the skin .We took her to the doctor and were told that she has eczema .She as given a mild ointment and said it would go on its own.Its been three months since.Her white patch is still there .We took her to the doctor once again and now we are told that she has vitiligo .I am shocked ..there is no family history of vitiligo .Also the white skin patch is dry and very uneven to touch .She does not itch at all .This is the only patch she has on the skin . Please tell me what this is and how to get it treated .I am really worried for my daughter
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011