My 3 year old had slight pneumonia

My 3 year old had slight pneumonia and given antibiotics for 5 days. Still she got very bad chesty cough. What i do?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Usually, the symptom of cough lasts for about a week after the child's infection has come under control. However, the doctor must assess her carefully to confirm that the antibiotic course is really enough. Personally, I think a pneumonia needs at least 10 days of antibiotic therapy. Was the diagnosis confirmed with a blood test and/or X ray? If so, then a repeat blood test or X ray would be in order.