My 2 year old daughter is having a high fever with twitching. What should i do to make it stop ?

my 2 yr old has been sick and running fevers. The firstnight she was actually twitching. The second night she did not have a fever but was up most of the night cause she was still twitching and it would wake her up as soon as she fell asleep. Please help Earlier this week my 2 year old daughter started running a fever and coughing and than a running nose. I took her to the dotor and he said that she probably has a virus and to give her motrin, and or tylenol for the fever and Dimetab for Cold and cough. That night she started running a high fever of 103.5 and her whole body would twitch. I battled the fever all night and finally won at around 3:30am. That morning she threw up. I had a hard time getting her to drink clear fluids but finally she gave in and started acting like she was feeling better. That night she did not have a fever but started twitching and that would wake her up through out the night. The twitches happen like every 10 to 15 minutes, and her whole body jumps. I am worried what are the twitches from and what can I do to make it stop? We both need sleep.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011