My 2-1/2 years old son has swollen nose membrane or enlarge adenoid

Hello, My son is 2 1/2 y/o and his having problem breathing while sleeping and while he is awake. He snores and breath through his mouth. His Dr. give him NOSANEX and FLOVENT but both did not work. Also when my wife and I looked inside his nose, we can see the membrane swollen and blocking the air way passage. Can enlarged adenoids cause the nose membrane to get swollen. Currently he lost appetite and not wanting to sleep. He is also very irritated.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011