My 12yr old son was recently diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation

Hi my 12yr old son was recently diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation ... He has been experiencing painful and Intense headaches for almost 3 weeks now. The headaches are located in the front of his forehead, and are a pressure like pain. We have tried every over the counter med and been give several prescriptions to try as well. NO relief as of yet. This has become a problem as it is affecting school playing and other things he enjoys doing. Was sent to a pedi neurosurgeon and was told the headaches are not related to his condition and that for now the condition is something we will monitor through routine MRI s due to the size (.7mm) I believe is what it was. Can anyone please tell me if they know if the headache symptoms can be related again they are in the front of his forehead. We have also checked to see if it was other things such as sinusitus and such??? Any advise is so helpful! Thank you!!
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011