My 12 year old son got hit in the penis and now it hurts to pee

my 12 year old son just got hit in the penis straight on with a soccer ball. he said there was some blood on his underwear as if he had a cut on the under side and it hurts to pee. it hurts to walk, lie down, and doesn t want to shower because the water will hurt to get it wet. should we be concerned about more than a little bruising? should we take him to dr? in the last two months he broke his foot and had his tonsils out so don t want him to miss any more school.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011