Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Must lower cholesterol products

Must lower cholesterol. Has anyone tried the product Cholestasys or CholestOff ? What were results ? Must lower cholesterol. Has anyone tried the product Cholestasys or CholestOff? What were results ?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  277
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
One of the best ways to lower cholesterol is by adding whole grains. Eat rye bread /pumpernickle bread. And beans and lentels. Most breads on the market are not whole grains even if they say they are Dempter's is the only one or get the stores barkery breads. Some cities there will be a place that sell home made breads and rolls. eating a low fat diet But low fat diet is not the perfect solution on a low fat diet cholesterol rarely drops more than 50 points and a low fat diet reduces levels of beneficial high density lipoprotein (hdl) eating foods that are traditional functional foods soluble fiber , legumes and fruits dissloves and forms a gel in the intestine. This gel traps cholesterol molecules and prevents their absorption into the bloodstream. People who eat 7 to 8 grams of soluble fiber daily can lower total cholesterol 5 % Psyllium- one study showed that eating 3 grams a day lowered total cholesterol by 15 % and LDL by 20% you can find psyllium in kellogg's all bran buds or you can take 3 table spoons of meramucil Oat and rice bran- New studies show that people who eat three ounces of oat bran daily can improve the ratio of bad ldl to good hdl cholesterol by 24% Fish- eating two to three meals a week will lower ldl and triglycerides Fish oul supplements are an option for people who don't eat fish but they do not provide as many health benefits as fish
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor