Mushroom allergy, numbness in feet progressing to lips, no hives, normal breathing. Is it unusual?

I had a 16 year old visiting who has a mushroom allergy, she ate a small amount of pizza containing small pieces of mushroom her reaction was a feeling of going numb starting at her feet progressing upward to her lips there were no hives or swelling of lips or tongue. Breathing remained regular and normal, I am an RN with E.R.
experience and have never seen this kind of allergic response is it unusual?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013