Muscle spasms, tightness in shoulder area with dizziness. Have undergone physical therapy for shoulder, wrist and elbow injury. What can be done?

Hello, I had a right shoulder , elbow & wrist injury 1 1/2 years ago due to a fall on ice. I had surgery 4 months ago on the shoulder, some bone was removed and there was a small tear and fraying of my rotator cuff , which was able to be shaved or cut out without a major repair. Since then I have had 36 sessions of PT and my range of motion is excellent. I returned to work about 2 months ago and do mostly computer work and reviewing paper documents. I use a headset for phone calls, have the desk ergonomically set up by an ergonomic specialist and get up walk and do neck stretches about every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. About 6 weeks ago I having muscle spasms and tightness in my upper shoulder area and around the back right shoulder blade. About the same time I also becan to notice that if I moved a certain way I felt a little dizzy. I thought the dizziness was due to me holdong my breath at times when doing a difficult exercise. At PT they did soft tissue & tried to get the muscle to release & it wouldn t. I ended up getting muscle relaxers, eventually PT got the muscle to release a little, but this is an ongoing issue. Today they mentioned the trigger spot was in the levator area and explained to me how the muscle works. I came home to find out more about the Levator and some of the things I have notices, pain up to my ear, the spasming in my shoulder, the dizziness all make sense. Today was my last PT session (this was a work related injury). I wanted to give you a good history because I need to know how to explain this to the doctor correctly and what questions to ask. I have been living with pain for over a 1 1/2 years, so if this can help I would be very thankful.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012