Muscle spasm in rib cage, tightens and loosens the muscles. What is wrong?

I occasionally get a muscle spasm in my sides around the rib cage mostly on my right side. It happens when I move a certain way like reaching behide me or twisting to the side or sometimes I could be just standing there and breathe and it would come on. It sometimes happen on my left side but mostly on my right. It would happen sometimes every other day for a week and then nothing for months. or just once and nothing for months. it could last for several minutes or 30 mins. It would tighten lossen the tighten again and this could go on for a while.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013