Muscle pain, headache, fever. X-ray shows torn tissue. High CRP level. Taken antibiotics

My husband had muscle pain while playing badminton some weeks ago. It was hurting him so bad that he went to a doctor and got the xray taken. Studying that, the doctor told him that some tissues have torn off and he will be alright. After somedays, he started getting really bad head ache which followed with high fever . We went to the doctor again and when they checked for his crp , it was showing the value of 29. He was given lots of antibiotics and told that he MAY have infection inside but nothing to be worried of. Ever since then i am reading alot of things online. The high crp level can be just because of the inflammation or can it be of something else?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012