Muscle itch in lower leg. Any treatment options? History of flat feet. Using orthotic insole.

Over the past few years, I ve been having a deep muscle itch in my lower leg muscles. It drives me absolutely crazy, especially when I can t resolve it and it keeps me up at night. It s an itch that cannot be felt on the skin, only internally, as if coming from the bone, and I usually try to stretch and knead the muscles to get relief. Lately this hasn t been working. What could be the cause/possible treatment for this? I have had flat feet for years and only just got an orthotic insole, but the itch has been going on for far longer.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012