Muscle freeze, breathing trouble after waking from sleep. Scared to sleep. Sleep paralysis?

Why is it that most of the time when I am asleep I would wake up but when I wanted to get up from sleep. There would be a feeling of tiredness and the next thing I knew I couldn't move. It is as if my muscles freezes. I also would start having trouble breathing. It's a very scary experience. But it's even scarier that I go through it almost everytime. Most times I would be afraid to fall asleep and would rather stay up all night. Please help me. Whats going on actually. What causes this to happen? And how do I stop it? Or just reduce it. I've been living with this my whole life. It's like a part of my life now. Like a routine.haha. but it's still traumating though. I did look up the internet. I got an answer which said that what I'm experiencing is called sleep paralysis. Could you also explain to me all about sleep paralysis. I'll be very grateful for whateve amswer is given. Thank you soo much.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013