Muscle cramp in my right leg. Why this is happening ?

hello doctor ,my age is 26 years. i am suffering from sudden cramp in my right leg calve muscles,and right hand. it is not continuous. its starts suddenly and diminishes after some hours.nurves are also flikerning.why this is happening.what should i do. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Sep 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You should avoid doing much walking, running, jogging or any sort of exertional physical activity for a while. Drink plenty of fluids like water, lemon juice. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables to avoid electrolyte imbalance. You can mildly massage the area, apply warm compress to the site for pain relief. This may be the result of electrolyte imbalance, so having good diet, drinking enough fluid and avoid sweating much and working in hot sun will do well in helping you recover. If this does not work in 2-3 weeks you may need to consult Neurologist to look for any nerve damage.