Multiple periods in a cycle, no cramps, have severe stress. What could the cause be?

i am a 34 yr old female-- i have never had problems with my periods they have always been normal flow last 5 days... my cycle normally last 28-31 days between. However, I have had my period 3 times in the last 5 weeks. These periods only last 3-4 days and are light. I can not make a gyno appt until monday at the earliest but i was wondering what could be causing this to happen. I have not had any weight loss/gain out of the normal, i have had stress (who doesnt) and my periods have no pain , no cramps , no urination issues.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012