Multiple myolema (Stage III) coupled with end-stage kidney failure, had chemo, regular dialysis. Is incoherent speech a side effect ?

Hi my friend s mom has multiple myolema (Stage III) coupled with end-stage kidney failure. She is 62 years old and weighs about 48 kg. She has undergone 5 rounds of chemo and is on regular dialysis . Her oncologist says her cancer is in remission. She is suffering from a bunch of side effects...diarrhoea, severe pain in the legs, etc. For the past two days, she has been rambling and speaking incoherently. If someone asks a question, she can give a coherent reply, but goes back to rambling. i) Can incoherent speech be a side effect of medication? What could possible reasons be? ii) Also, what would the estimated survival time for such a patient?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013