Multiple follicles found in the follicular study. What does it mean?

Hi, There has been a follicular study done for me on the 10th , 12th and 16th day of my cycle.. On the 1oth day there were multiple follicles in teh ovary and on 12th day a follicle measuring around 14 mm was observed and on the 16th day the doctor couldn t see the same follicle.. But she could see another small follicle and fluid inside the ovary.. What does this mean? Has there been an ovulation that has been already over or the follicle has got some problem in getting matured??
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012