Multiple dog bite marks on body, swelling, redness and some oozing from the wound, numb to touch, scar tissue, dent formed on same spots, hard bumps

i am 23 years old, 5 8 and 130 lbs. about two years ago i was attacked by a newfoundland dog. i had multiple bite marks on my body but the worst of it was on the back part of my upper right thigh. i had a lot of swelling and redness and some oozing from the wound for a while after. it is still numb to the touch and still has scar tissue . a couple months ago, i noticed that on the front of that same leg, a dent had formed, in the same spot as the dog bite, just on the front part of my thigh. about a week ago, i noticed that there were hard bumps underneath that dent. i m really concerned about this, and i m not sure if it has something to do with the dog bite or its just a strange coincidence. i m wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything like this before?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012

See you had a dog bite and have now developed certain skin lesions in the same area.
I would like to tell you that this is surely a cause of concern and needs further assessment since you are developing the skin lesions in a previous healed scar.
There are various granulomatous diseases which a dermatologist will need to rule out and in some cases even a skin biopsy is essential.
So you should not ignore it. You should see a nearby dermatologist soon for the same.

Dr Geetika Paul