Multiple cysts in the ovary. Mild spotting leading to heavy bleeding. Scan suggested. Necessary?

Im 37 yr old, I missed one period and when i got it later in the month of february i started spotting and it increased to heavy bleeding . I had a d&c done and also multiple cysts of 2.3 cm were found in left ovary . My CA125 tests also have nothing to worry. I had bleeding for next 5 days and was asked to take regestrone. They have asked to come for review once i gat my next period,i.e, after 10days. They said a scan will be done to check the cysts condition. Do i have anything to be checked? Will i have any more cystic development in future? please advice.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013