Muffled voices in ear on tilting head, weird sound on opening and closing jaw post scuba diving. Cause?

I went scuba diving a couple of weeks ago amd here is what happened afterwards whenever I tilt my head down voices become muffled in my left ear I saw 2 doctors one did a sinus scan and the other checked me out and said I have nothing the voice increased after a second scuba dive at 35 meters ehen I surfaced each time I opened my jaw and closed it I could hear a weird sound as if I was eating sand It doesn t hurt but its annoying
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Dentist 's  Response

Welcome to health care magic forum.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Your jaws has dislocated due to TMJ disorders,heavy loads applied on jaws.

I would suggest you to get a thorough clinical as well as OPG radiograph done to rule out the cause of Jaw dislocation.

If required,intermaxillary fixation or splinting has to be done.

Jaws has to be immobilised for a while.

I would advice you to get physiotherapy done.

Antibiotics and analgesics with muscle relaxants has to be administered.

Hope this helps.