Muffled hearing after water went in the ear. Soreness in the ear. How to treat this?

I jumped in a waterfall on holiday a few weeks ago, water went up my nose and my ear felt blocked. My hearing was muffled in this ear for about 5 days and constantly felt filled with water but nothing ever came out. I’ve since forgotten about it however I keep getting a blocked feeling in my ear intermittently and every now and again a pain. It is currently sore to touch on the inside of the ear. Any ideas how I can treat this please? Its only painful to the touch
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013