Mucus in throat, cough. Have COPD and Barretts. Taking lansoprosol. What is going on?

I have COPD and Barretts. I take 15mg lansoprosol x 2 daily + symbicort 200/6 for the copd. My query is that the mucus i get in my throat, which is easy to cough up, is quite gritty. I ve read a little bit about calcification on some sites but there doesnt seem to be much information out there. Is this something i should be worried about? I had a lung x-ray within the last six months with no problems showing. I do not cough up mucus from my lungs unless i have an exacerbation which doesnt happen very often. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013