Mucus in ear canal, had allergy cough, tubes in ears, bad ear smell

my 5 year old daughters ear has a unpleasant odor and the canal is wet with a medium thick mucus that is creamy yellow/orange in color. she has tubes in her ears and was at the doctors a few days ago for a diagnosed allergy cough . dr checked her ears and they were fine. my daughter said her ear is not itching nor does it hurt. should i be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, the unpleasant odour most likely is because of debris in the external auditory canal and mucous like discharge can also be because of that. This usually resolves with gentle cleaning and an ENT will do the job. Also please avoid getting entry of water in to the ears while taking bath. Regards