Mucus dripping in the back of my throat which I believe is causing my bad breath. Do I have alternatives of surgery ?

My constant nasal discharge forced me to visit an ENT specialist who told me that it was just allergies and prescribed some nasal sprays. which did not work. so I paid him a second visit and this time he told me that he s seeing something odd in my right nostril. like some foreign body so he told me to do a C.T Scan, which i did. he then told me he was right and that there actually is something in there.symptoms include: - nasal discharge almost every hour or less. (right nostril only) - occasional migraines and often tired. - bad mucus odor but only when I blow my nose. - mucus dripping in the back of my throat which I believe is causing my bad breath. this has been going on for about 2 years, but i think it got worse the second year, that s why I decided to see a specialist. the doctor told me that I need a one hour long surgery under general anesthesia. P.S: I m terrified of surgeries, never had one. is it the only option for such cases ? or do I have alternatives ? Also, what are the risks of this kind of surgery and how common are they ? the doctor also told me that it could get worse if I don t do the surgery. your opinion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Jan 2011