Mucous with blood in stools, soreness, burning in anus. Serious?

Hi, after the runs and craps last night i still have to go at times and i have some mucus with blood , not real bright but not black or brown either. I have had this before a few times in the past 15 - 20 years or so and I do get hemmorids and fissures, have for years and years off and on. I can feel a little sore down there and a cut type of burn , all on the outside or just inside where the movements come out. Do you think this blood is related to those and the strains from the runs? Or a more serious condition? I am agoraphobic and so scared to have those tests done but if these don t go away (which they always have) one day i will have to have them. What do you think?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Hi there,

Your long-standing symptoms may be due to Inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis. You need to undergo colonoscopy, which will reveal the exact cause of your symptoms. It is advisable that you get the test done at the earliest, so that a diagnosis is made and appropriate treatment is started by your gastroenterologist.

Further, recurrent fissures and hemorrhoids may be part of the spectrum of the underlying disease of the colon.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal