Mucas, light colored blood, metrogyl, colonoscopy, scans, diverticulitis, history of bowel and stomach cancer

Hello, I am taking 400 Metrogyl, as I am passing mucas and light coloured blood everytime I go to the toilet. I have had a colonosphopy, and scans, the results being I have dyfticulas (excuse spelling), the doctor has said the blood is probably coming from the dyfticulas, and gave me the metrogyl 400 for an infection . I have been on this for a week now and still I have the mucas and the blood. I am wondering could this be due to anything else. There is history of bowel and stomach cancer in my side of the family. Uncles have passed away due to these age range 45 to 55. I am 49 years of age.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012