Moving and kicking sensation above pubic area, had spotty periods. Pregnancy sign?

Hello Doctor. My name is Yvonne and I have a question about pregnancy. I have been having this moving sensation and kickicking sensation right above my pubic but below my navel. And since I am an obese woman and has never experienced this sensation a this often. It has even been waking me up out of my sleep. I have put on a pound in a day and a half (at least the scale says so). I ha a period that was spotty about 3 Months ago but then the next month I had a somewhat regular period but it was late. Now last month I had a period but it went off before time. Could I really. Be pregnant? I would hate to buy a test for nothing
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012