Moved disc in the spine, prescribed medicine,physiotherapy. What is the actual problem?

1 of my very close has the following problem. i will explain as far he has told me. spines c5,c6 to c7 or c8 has been detected problem. Doctor said that an disc has been moved. more over the doctor has said that go for physiotheraphy and at the same time continue with some medicine he has prescribed mean time let us ask an neuro specialist advice for nerves problem. could u explain me what his actual problem is
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012