Mouth issues after quit tobacco chewing

I am 18, and I dipped tobacco on and off for two years. I quit six months ago and now my only tobacco intake is the occasional cigar (once a month-ish). My mouth seems to be sore and I have these things hanging from my tongue that resemble stalagtites. Also, the floor of my mouth has puffed up a little ( symmetrical shapes on each side). I am not sure if it was like that before or if I am just being paranoid. I have my normal (every six months) dentist appointment in about a month. Should I be worried about these symptoms?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Dentist 's  Response
It seems you do not have a problem. It is appreciable that you have quit tobacco chewing. Smoking can deteriorate the condition of your gums. So please quit the habit.
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
the symptoms which you have mentioned dsnt look like there is geninuely some prob. the stalagtites-like thing you have mentioned of can be the frenum of your tongue. but if are really that worried thn go ahead for an opinion. tc..
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
hello ,
as you have mentioned no major symptoms, dont have to worry. but tobbaco and its product isnt good for health & can cause ill health even upto cancer. you are just 18 please quit the habit of using tobacco products. take care.!