Mother fell from stairs but does not complain of any pain. Symptoms of internal injury?

Hello, My mother had a fall down some stairs yesterday evening, she did not loose consciousness but she did have a knock to her head, although no cuts or bleeding on her head or elsewhere. Throughout the rest of the evening she felt ok, no headache/feeling of dizziness and she could not feel any bumps on her head. This moring, she said she felt ok, was not sore anywhere and still had no headache or dizziness. Although she said she is fine and is not in any pain, should we be concerned at all about internal bleeding or whould she have felt the effect of that before now? If she did have any injury to the head, skull/brain would she have felt pain straight after the fall? Thank you. Beverley
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013