Mother and baby have elevated liver enzymes due to HELLP syndrome. Done liver MRI. Concerned about Niemann-Pick disease

My daughter gave birth in May 2012 and her baby is 6 months old. She was told she has HELLP syndrome that was atypical at the time of her delivery, her liver enzymes never retruned to normal and now the baby also has elevated liver enzymes . She breast feeds. We are awaiting results of a liver MRI after abn results with usltrasound and Ct of daughter s liver. Baby had US this week but is was normal but long.(?) Daughter was in Army and served in Iraq in hospital for 2.5 years. I just read about Niemann-Pick Disease and am now very concerned. What should we do now?
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  32 Awaiting Answer