Most efficient and permanent way to remove body hair at home?

I am a 54 year old male. I have always been very shy especially about my body hair and I want to know what is currently the best/most efficient and permanent way to remove body hair, preferably at home? I know that Professor Angela Christiano of Columbia University in New York was working on a hairless gene , and was in the process of developing a topical solution to stop hair growth, but there hasn t been any information/update that I can find.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012