Morning sickness, swollen feet, pregnancy symptoms. Negative pregnancy test. How to confirm pregnancy?

o.k. i most definetly know im pregnant, i have all the signs and symptoms of morning sickness for these past couple of months now.Sometimes i have swellen at the feet and my ankles. But the thing is, i took a hpt around 11p.m last night,which was just a couple of hours ago and got a false negative. I just want to know did i take the test wrong or should i have taken the hpt first thing later on in the morning early?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013