Mood swings while on birth control, had hot and cold flashes, sleepiness. What should I do?

Hi, ok I m 18 years old. I got in birth control for the first time but it made me grumpy so I got off. That same month I had been off for about a week. My husband came home from Afghanistan. He was only here for a 5 days. We had sex like crazy all day every day he was here. Unprotected. 23-27 of December. My period was 4 days late. I started feeling sick, hot an cold flashes, hungry but nothing sounds as good as what I want, and sleepy alot more. I normally have my period on the 5th of every month but January month my period was on the 9th. It was different awful cramps , then my period was very light. Also it came and went away. I took a test on the 7th of January and it was negative could it have been to early?. Just wondering could I be pregant?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
thank for your query.
If you did not use birth control sincerely, and you had unprotected intercourse meanwhile, then yes, there are chances of pregnancy.
The period pattern you describe could be erratic on account of an early pregnancy.
Taking irregular birth control also causes abnormalities in your menstrual cycles.
YOu should repeat your urine pregnancy test to confirm.
Better still, consult a gynecologist for a definitive opinion
Also, switch over to a safer , more reliable contraceptive method.
take care