Mole removed from the face. External stitches removed. Internal stitches sticking out. Is the wound opening up? Concerned about the scar

I had a mole removed from my face about an inch over my lip, the mole was removed 12 days ago. I had 3 internal and 3 external stitches. The bottom external stitch popped off after 3 days. The doctor said this was fine since i had internal stitches. After 7 days I had the other 2 external stitches removed. Now, I am at 12 days and the internal stitches are sticking out where the external had popped off. Am i in danger of the wound opening up? Will I need to have new stitches put in? Will the healing leave a worse mark?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012