Mole on the shoulder. Need to get checked for neurofibromatosis?

Hello, I live in New Zealand, and we recently had a news programme talking about neurofibromatosis. I have noticed that my mother who is 76, has a soft dome like 'mole' looking thing recently come up on the top part of her shoulder. I am wondering if she should get it checked with regards neurofibromatosis, as when reading up on the symptoms, I notice that ringing in the ears is a common symptom, and she has been struggling with that for the last few years. Also, a question for you, can you tell me please why learning difficulties is mentioned as a symptom of the disease? thanks kindly.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013