Mole on the leg started peeling off on scratching. Skin became lighter. Is it a problem?

Hi , I m an 18 year old female. I ve had a mole/ birthmark on my leg since I was very little. It wasn t big and it was brown, it was about the size of a pencil eraser..I disliked it very much, so about two years ago, I started scratching at it and peeling it off. It left a pink area of skin and then healed and eventually started to grow back. so I ve peeled three or four times before, but it has always grown back. I ve stopped peeling and scratching because someone told me this was harmful. Right now, it looked smaller, and like brown dots put together. a bit of the skin underneath, is white, lighter than my other skin , but I m an ivory skin color. Is this bad??? :( im worried. It doesn t hurt or anything. but I m still very scared.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012