Mole on the back of head that seems to be swollen, no pain. Could this possibly be cancerous?

Right, so I ve just turned 17 last month and I have a mole on the back of my head, it was roughly the radius of a pea or maybe a little larger. I ve just noticed that it has swollen up, and sticking out. It feels quite solid, and it doesn t really hurt at all even when I touch it. (If I had to describe what it felt like when I touch it, its like when you touch a squeezed spot) My mothers going to book a doctors appointment, but I d like to ask what it is on here first...could this possibly be cancerous? if not what is it? I ve been sitting here for the past hour, sh*tting myself that it could be cancer! This is the best picture I could get of it: WWW.WWWW.WW
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It could just be a simple mole , but since it is growing it is better to rule out cancerous transformation.
Pls book an appointment asap.