Mole on forearm, flat, lightbrown colour, swelling around mole, asked to wear sunscreen. Suggest removal?

i have a mole on my forearm . it is relatively flat and lightbrown in color. this past weekend i noticed swelling around the mole about one inch in diameter. it does not hurt itch or bother me in any way. I went to my PCP yesterday and he did not seem concerned about it. He told me to wear sunscreen and to monitor the mole and let him know if it changed color shape etc. I am worried about the slight swelling around the mole, should i go back to the MD and insist he remove it?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012