Mold found in coconut. Allergic to mold. Can it be eaten after removing mold?

okay I ve heard that some molds are safe to eat and kind of douted this answer will be a yes but i got a coconut from a wholefoods today and it had what looked like a small portion of blueish black, pink and yellowy mold in a small ring alound where a cut area was placed for easy opening i already threw out the milk but was wondering if I was able to salvage the rest of the coconut or shouldnt because i am allergic to mold
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response

i think better avoid the mould
as we dont know the time since how long it is with coconut as this mould grows it
can effext internal parts of coconut
an allergic patient can react to even minimum amount of exposure
so dont take chance