Moderate smoking addiction, on birth control pills, have high heart rate even with no physical exertion. Is it worrisome?

Thank you Doctor. I have a 30 year old daughter, Caucasian, 5 8 , 145 lbs and in relatively good physical and mental health . She is a moderate smoker, since 14 yoa, she also has been taking birth control pills all her adult life. Also, she has no family history of heart problems. When she is just sitting, with no physical excretion , her heart rate is consistently 105 bpm s. When she works out her heart rate will consistently rise to 160 to 180 bpm s. I realize she needs to stop smoking , however; is this high heart rate condition something we should be concerned about?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012