Mitral valve prolapse, have breathing difficulty, prescribed amlodipine, simvastation for a life time. Whats the do's and don'ts for patients having MVP?

Hi doctors, I just want to make clarifications regarding my illness , I was diagnosed by my cardiologist 2 yrs ago of MVP Mitral Valve Prolapse and Hi Blood Pressure to 150/100 and take amlodipine 5mg for my hi blood pessure & simvastatin 20mg. and I took it for 1 month only base on the doctors prescription and required to undergo FBS, Lipid tests every 6 months so I did the laboratory tests. Last April 2012, i felt chest pain with accompanying back pain and sometimes its hard for me to breath. I went back to my cardiologist and confront me why I stop taking medicines that he requires fo me, i just thought that i only take the30 pairs of the amlodipine & simvastatin base on his prescription, but according to him i need to take it daily as my maintenance for my highblood pressure. and when i ask him why i felt difficult to breath? He just answer me its because of your MVP and no medicine can cure MVP. He only gave his prescription to continue taking the amlodipine & simvastation. My question is, is it true that no medication can or will cure the MVP? And whats the causes of MVP? my cardio did not explain whats MVP... I want to know whats the do s and don ts for patients having MVP. Hope to hear your reply. Thanks for helping...
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012