Missing periods. What is the reason?

hi, i m vanessa, 18yrs old, i am a filipina, i just wanted to ask why i still didn t have my period? my last period was on april 16, 12, i have a 28 day cycle, but sometimes my period comes 1 day earlier or 1 to 2 days late, but now it s 3days late. i wonder what is the cause of that. thank you, i hope you could help me about this.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012
hi vanessa.welcome to healthcaremagic forum. delay of 2 - 3 days may be normal or due to hundreds of cause, pregnancy is one of them. if there is history of sexual contact, get a pregnancy test.kits are available all over for home use.if this is not the case and you still not having periods, contact practioner for some basic examination and some investigation if required.wish you all the best.