Missing periods. Suffering from menopause symptom and depression. I am diabetic and high blood pressure patient. Advice?

Hi doctor, i;m 49 yrs and had missed my period for 2 months. Before that my period are regular. I did a blood test and the dr confirmed that i m now menopouse. I ve been suffering all the menopouse symptom and depressed. I went again to the gynae and she prescribed me progyluton and anti depression tablet. I m diabetic and have high blood pressure and at the moment taking metformin and amlodepine. Does taking the hrt will effect my other other illness? and how long i should be on hrt?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012