Missing periods. Started spotting. Have sore breast and getting tingling sensation. Concerned

I am a little concerned ... i am 20... I had what I thought was my period a week late. I have a 33 day cycle so it was well after 5 weeks since last period. When I started it was red and stringy which is unusual to me. My period was also very light and longer than usual. I took a preg test when I was 4 days late but not since. I didn t cramp like usual. The only thing was that my breasts were super sore and tight feeling and I was an emotional wreck. I m only concerned because this was a very unusual period this month.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Hello Karrell
Thank you for getting in touch with us. As I see, you had a long period this time around. We would like you to know that some females sometimes have periods where there is less bleeding and they are longer than usual. If this was a one off and hasn't happened in the past, then you need not worry. The chances of you being pregnant are not very high thought you can still repeat the pregnancy test again to confirm. If you still feel worried about it, you can consult your Ob-Gyn Doctor and he/she can guide you better.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon