Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Noticed dark skin on vaginal area. Chances of pregnancy?

I am late on my period and have not yet started it and took a pregnancy test but it was negative and later on I noticed that the skin on the outter part of my vaginal area is dark brown. Could it be possible that i am pregnant but it is to early for the test to detect it.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Mar 2013
vaginal skin darkening is not a reliable marker of pregnancy.
If you have missed your period by over 3 - 5 days, then you are not late in taking the pregnancy test.
Darkening of the vaginal area could be hormonal or due to some skin problem.
Consult a gynecologist to know the exact cause.
All the best.