Missing periods. Chances of pregnancy? Home pregnancy test negative

Hello Doctor, I am concern that I may possibly be pregnant. My last menstrual cycle was in October around the 20th-27th. I did not recieve my period at all for the month of November and still have not recieved it yet for December. However, although I am sexually active I did not have any sexual intercourse durring the month of November, so I don t think I am pregnant because of that reason. I had also just recently took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative, so I guess my question is why havent I recieved my period yet?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012