Missing period, usually regular. Negative pregnancy tests. Suggestions?

Dear Doctor,
I am Amrin from Bnagladesh, My age is 26 and my weight is 74 kg i am married person. My period wasnt started from last 4 month, the date of my last period was
28th December. I made a home pregnancy test the result is negative. and i have no syndrome of pregnancy.
I want to know why my period not started yet, What is the actual resons for that?
i want to inform you that before this time i have always in regular period.
I am so tense doctor please give me some advice as your sister.

Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Hi, thanks for asking us.
As per your history you are not having period since last 5 months, there can be many causes for this, most important being pregnancy and poly cystic ovaries. In my opinion you should go for USG of uterus along with few blood investigations (such as thyroid profile, LH & FSH levels). From which you will come to know the exact cause of your problem.

Hope this helps.