Missed taking atenolol. Heart murmur detected. Had an episode of shortness of breath and palpitation. Due to irregular intake of medication?

Ran out of Atenolol three weeks ago. Was prescibed 100 mg a day by previous doctor for high blood pressure . I have lost wages from previous years so lost doctor. Went to clinic doctor to get prescription refilled and he did brief exam and said I have a heart murmur . I went without Atenolol for 22 days before doc appointment and new prescription. Had episode of racing heart and shortness of breath and almost passing out. Happening more frequently even with prescription refilled. Taken blood pressure after getting pills , seems low....108/68...101/65. Took my blood pressure after bad episode of almost fainting and racing heart was 154/96...with a pulse of 121 that happened during 3 weeks without Atenolol
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012